NMFL is growing! We have open Board positions. If you are interested, please contact us.
NMFL PLAYOFFS - WEEK THREE
TIMES AND LOCATIONS
10:00 AM 3rd Mount Pisgah vs. DCA South Forsyth High School
12:00 PM 6th South Forsyth vs. Druid Hills South Forsyth High School
2:00 PM 4th West Forsyth vs. Lambert South Forsyth High School
9:30 AM 3rd Johns Creek vs. Northview Northview High School
11:00 AM 4th Johns Creek vs. Northview Northview High School
12:00 PM 5th Lassiter Gold vs. Northview Lassiter High School
6:00 PM 5th Creekview vs. Johns Creek GA Dome
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY PANTHERS/NMFL DAY!
We want to strengthen our relationship with GSU and the ability to have more teams play in the Georgia Dome next year. To do this we need your help.
By making Saturday, Nov 16th
NMFL Game Day at GA State!!
We would like to get as many teams, players, and families to attend the Georgia State game. We are setting a goal of 700 attendees. If we accomplish this we may have better opportunities to not only play in the Georgia Dome next year, but also the new Falcons stadium when it is built!
Every player and cheerleader that attends will get the opportunities described below. Here are the quick details of the experience all of the kids would get to have the GSU game even if they’re not playing in the championship game.
- · On-field during pre-game warm-ups
- · Fan Tunnel
- · Pictures with Pounce the Panther and GSU Cheerleaders while on the field
- · Access to Pounce Town (Bounce houses, inflatable slides, poster making, face painting, etc.)
- · Special recognition for each individual park on the video board and over the PA
Tickets to the game will be $8 per person in the General Admission section which is $2 off the regular price.
If you are ready to join in on the fun for the family and a great day with the GSU Panthers and the NMFL, here is the easy step-by-step to order your tickets:
1. Click the following link: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/georgiastate/EN/buy/browse?DB_OEM_ID=12700
2. Enter the following promo code in the top right box: NMFL
3. Once you’re through to the next screen, select Find Tickets next to the November 16th game (which will be the only option)
4. The seating map of the Georgia Dome will load, select the General Admission area
5. Once it is done “loading” then there should be a small grid that comes up and you can select the little dots as your seat. Unfortunately, the Ticketmaster system is having trouble enlarging that grid to give people a better view of selecting their seats
Remember to enter the promo code NMFL to get your NMFL pricing for the tickets.
For more info or with questions or issues with ordering tickets, please contact Jon Reaves at email@example.com
2013 PLAYOFF RULES
First of all - Everyone involved will be held to the highest of standards that includes sportsmanship, character and honesty. It is our responsibility that we and your staff demonstrate these traits to each and every player and coaches and patrons before, during and after the game. Make sure they all have fun.
For all D2 tackle games:
On Field Officials - 4
High School Officials Clock Operator - 1
2) Home Team
Highest Seed is home team regardless where game is played. Home team has the responsibility to provide the chain gang and announcer for their game. If they do not, the visiting team can provide. Home team should have this designated as part of their game prep. Announcer must be impartial and is subject to immediate removal if they are found to be calling out plays or making discouraging remarks.
3) Gate Fee
NMFL Board approved a $1 gate fee. Exception players, cheerleaders, coaches, officials, host organization officials and NMFL League Board Members. Coaches must have a coaches shirt.
As stated in the rules only 5 coaches are allowed on the sidelines. No parents. One person from each team will be allowed on the sidelines to take photos. They cannot interfere with plays or coach or call out plays. No exception on this rule!
The staff of each NMFL team shall be limited to:
1 head coach
4 assistant coaches
1 trainer (Includes doctor)
2 team managers. Team managers must be under 18 years of age.
5) Certification Books
Certification Books must be in the possession of the coach, present at the game and available for review by the opposing coach prior to the game. If you do not have your book the game and shown when asked for prior to the game, the game will proceed under a protest, subject to a board ruling including forfeiture.
It is the responsibility of each head coach to ask for a review prior to the game not after the game starts. All restricted players must be identified by an "R" on the back of their helmet.
6) No tie games.
North Metro Football League (NMFL) was formed to serve the areas of the Northern Metro Region of Atlanta. NMFL's mission is to provide a league to address the needs of the youth organizations in the community we serve embodying the following initiatives:
- In it for the love of the game
- Believes the most important character trait is integrity and sportsmanship
- Providing trained Coaches that can properly teach correct fundamentals of the game.
- Providing a Safe fun-filled environment
2013 Season registrations are open. Please visit the League Member Pages to find an NMFL organization in your area.
The NMFL continues to grow! We have added programs and teams in both D1, D2 and Flag. In addition the NMFL Board has been working hard during the off season to research and implement new rules to enhance player safety, balance Division 2 competition and to stabilize and grow the Division 1 Program. Below are the major changes voted into the rules and bylaws for 2013:
Division 1 and 2
- All coaches are required to have back ground checks and acquire an NMFL sanctioned coaching certification before the 2013 season
- All players and cheerleaders will be provided concussion insurance and receive a pre-season baseline test before entering play. Insurance and baseline test is not limited to NMFL activities and will provide coverage for the individual for 1 year from date of issuance.
Division 1 - Georgia D1
- The D1 program will now be known as Georgia D1. The program is growing with the addition of new organizations and teams.
- Division I is now an age based program with a age cut-off date of July 1st. (D2 stays grade based)
- Division 1 rules will be separate of Division 2 rules
- New competition rules adopted for team make-up including requirement to submit draft procedure and registration approach. New procedure can be found under the rules page.
- Addition of new NMFL Board Executive Board position - Executive Director of Rules Compliance.
- Audits of team make-up and oversight of team drafts can and will be performed.