NMFL is growing! We have open Board positions. If you are interested, please contact us.
WELCOME TO THE START
THE 2014 NMFL PRESEASON!
The George Whitfield Black Ops QB School
is coming to Georgia!!
It is available for players 8 years and up, Middle School & High School
The event is to be held on April 12 and 13 at Kings Ridge Christian School in Alpharetta
Please click the link below to get for more information, register
North Metro Football League (NMFL) was formed to serve the areas of the Northern Metro Region of Atlanta. NMFL's mission is to provide a league to address the needs of the youth organizations in the community we serve embodying the following initiatives:
- In it for the love of the game
- Believes the most important character trait is integrity and sportsmanship
- Providing trained Coaches that can properly teach correct fundamentals of the game.
- Providing a Safe fun-filled environment
2013 Season registrations are open. Please visit the League Member Pages to find an NMFL organization in your area.
The NMFL continues to grow! We have added programs and teams in both D1, D2 and Flag. In addition the NMFL Board has been working hard during the off season to research and implement new rules to enhance player safety, balance Division 2 competition and to stabilize and grow the Division 1 Program. Below are the major changes voted into the rules and bylaws for 2013:
Division 1 and 2
- All coaches are required to have back ground checks and acquire an NMFL sanctioned coaching certification before the 2013 season
- All players and cheerleaders will be provided concussion insurance and receive a pre-season baseline test before entering play. Insurance and baseline test is not limited to NMFL activities and will provide coverage for the individual for 1 year from date of issuance.
Division 1 - Georgia D1
- The D1 program will now be known as Georgia D1. The program is growing with the addition of new organizations and teams.
- Division I is now an age based program with a age cut-off date of July 1st. (D2 stays grade based)
- Division 1 rules will be separate of Division 2 rules
- New competition rules adopted for team make-up including requirement to submit draft procedure and registration approach. New procedure can be found under the rules page.
- Addition of new NMFL Board Executive Board position - Executive Director of Rules Compliance.
- Audits of team make-up and oversight of team drafts can and will be performed.