Posted March 27, 20142014 Season Calendar is posted!
The 2014 NMFL Season Calendar is posted! Click the link to open a .PDF of the information.
Posted March 9, 2014GEORGIA CONCUSSION LAW
This is the Georgis Concussion Law that has been passed and is in effect for the 2014 Season. Please download and read!
NMFL is growing! We have open Board positions. If you are interested, please contact us.
THE GEORGIA CONCUSSION BILL IS NOW A LAW AND IN FULL EFFECT FOR THE 2014 SEASON. SEE THE LINK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE TO THE NEW LAW!
RODDY WHITE 2-Day SUMMER FOOTBALL CAMP
The League has teamed with ProCamps for the Roddy White Football Camp this summer!!
When you sign up for the camp at ProCamps use the promo code 'NMFL' and get 10% off your registration fee. Also, a small portion of the fee paid to ProCamps will go to the NMFL to help fund this season's activities!
Full Information about the camp can be found here
Roddy White Football ProCamp
Location: Centennial High School, Roswell GA
Date: July 9-10
10% off promo code: NMFL
Cost $129 BEFORE the 10% discount for BOTH days!
2014 NMFL Season Calendar IS POSTED!
The NMFL 2014 Season Calendar has been posted to the site! Please click the link on the left download the .PDF of the information for the new 2014 Season!
North Metro Football League (NMFL) was formed to serve the areas of the Northern Metro Region of Atlanta. NMFL's mission is to provide a league to address the needs of the youth organizations in the community we serve embodying the following initiatives:
- In it for the love of the game
- Believes the most important character trait is integrity and sportsmanship
- Providing USA FOOTBALL Certification trained Coaches that can properly teach correct fundamentals of the game.
- Providing a Safe fun-filled environment
- League Teams to follow USA Football's Safety Requirements
2014 Season registrations are open. Please visit the League Member Pages to find an NMFL organization in your area.
The NMFL continues to grow! We have added programs and teams in both D1, D2 and Flag. In addition the NMFL Board has been working hard during the off season to research and implement new rules to enhance player safety, balance Division 2 competition and to stabilize and grow the Division 1 Program. Below are the major changes voted into the rules and bylaws for 2014:
Division 1 and 2
- All coaches are required to have back ground checks, Coaching Certification through USA Football and acquire an NMFL sanctioned coaching certification before the 2014 season
- All players and cheerleaders will be provided concussion insurance and receive a pre-season baseline test before entering play. Insurance and baseline test is not limited to NMFL activities and will provide coverage for the individual for 1 year from date of issuance.
Division 1 - Georgia D1
- The D1 program will now be known as Georgia D1. The program is growing with the addition of new organizations and teams.
- Division I is now an age based program with a age cut-off date of July 1st. (D2 stays grade based)
- Division 1 rules will be separate of Division 2 rules
- New competition rules adopted for team make-up including requirement to submit draft procedure and registration approach. New procedure can be found under the rules page.
- Addition of new NMFL Board Executive Board position - Executive Director of Rules Compliance.
- Audits of team make-up and oversight of team drafts can and will be performed.
NMFL is now a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization! We are looking for new Sponsors to support the the league. Please Contact us if you are interested to support this great league!